One of the most underrated, yet valuable, cost-cutting measures in the marketplace for businesses of all sizes, SIP trunks are the means by which you can take a traditional, sometimes unreliable, and expensive phone service and turn it into more affordable, easier to manage, Internet calls. Not only does it make your service stress-free and more efficient, but also much more budget friendly.
SIP trunks are an ultimate solution for companies that currently own PBX hardware and want to cut down on monthly expenses. SIP trunks work directly with the PBX, the hardware that connects outside and inside callers with the desired line. This way, the calls are completed via the Internet, which makes the complete service much cheaper and provides the business with greater functionality.
Here are Mobex’s Top 10 Reasons to Use SIP Trunks:
- The savings potential – They are ideal for companies with numerous extensions and a moderate amount of simultaneous external calls. The number of SIP trunks you purchase directly correlates to your external call volume rather than number of employees. For example, if you have 20 employees and expect no more than four external calls at any given time, you will only need four SIP trunks. So, dependent upon your individual needs, that could potentially be a huge cost cutter.
- Eliminate overlapping networks and their costs – Instead of operating and maintaining both data and telephone voice networks, one internet-based network provides both capabilities.
- Reliability – SIP Trunking is very stable. Rather than being at the mercy of local events such as power or circuit outages, SIP trunking can automatically be rerouted to other offices, mobile phones, or virtually anywhere based on your business rules.
- The features – One of our favorite benefits of using Internet calls over traditional phone service is the numerous features. The majority of plans come with options like unlimited extensions, easy call forwarding, detailed caller ID, simple-to-use conference calls, and the ability to have voicemails sent to emails.
- Mobility – SIP Trunking can help tie together mobile devices and remote workers by enabling a blend of premise and cloud based services.
- Cheaper international calling – Having SIP trunks not only reduce the cost of internal and domestic external calls, but also international calls. This is an area in which traditional phone services still haven’t caught up.
- Grow when you are ready – Unlike a traditional phone system that requires pre-planning for future capacity needs, SIP Trunks can be added on demand when additional needs arise.
- No Capital Investment – With SIP you can leverage the investment you’ve already made in your local PBX without having to make any additional equipment investments.
- Get rid of costly 800 numbers, but not the convenience – Instead of providing customers with an “800 number,” local numbers can be provided in each city, which are terminated locally when picked up and place on the Internet.
- Unlimited calling! As we keep saying, using SIP trunks is cheaper, often 50-60% cheaper than traditional service. Although using a PBX with VolP cuts down on costs by itself, it’s only for internal calls. SIP trunks are what makes ALL calls less expensive. No more counting calls, you would now have the option to go unlimited.
No matter how big or small your company happens to be, SIP Trunking could offer great benefit for you. For more information about our SIP trunks or any of our services (or to set up your order!), click here.
Mobex provides business caliber telecommunications with customizable features to help you better connect with your customers. With Mobex, you have the added benefit of giving your small business a large business feel, and added security and value to your customers.